The Hollow People (The Promises of Dr. Sigmundus, Book 1)




Strange book of the Hidden Hero persuasion. A young boy who has so far been treated like garbage discovers he has amazing powers of control over theenigmatic Odylic force (which was a concept explored by real-life scientist Baron Karl von Reichenbach in the 1800s). It has a ring of Jedi Knight-ness to it. The tone of the book is dark and unworldly, with just enough unique narrative detail to make it stand out. It is, by the way, the first of a series which I abruptly found out when the book ended quite suddenly and on a major cliffhanger. Drat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This book was amazing! It is 1 of very few books i like to read and has got me reading at a whole new level of books. I think it is a great idea for young readers like me. At 13 i have found this book to reach out and touch me deeply and hope to recommend it to other teenagers. I would love for others to give any ideas for books just like this one. Thank you :)